While this base recipe is simple, Ramen takes it to the next level. Feel free to get creative with your pasta choice and the seasonings you prefer. Pair broth + meatballs + tortellini + Italian herbs, and you have a hearty Italian soup. Broth + meatballs + orzo + Spinach + Herbs De Provence, and you have a completely new offering for your family. The options are endless.
- 18 Casa Meatballs (3 meatballs per serving)
- 2 ½ Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, divided, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4 cups vegetable broth, warm
- 4 cups hot water
- 3.5 oz oyster mushrooms or 10-12 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp mirin
- ¼ cup white miso paste
- 10” sheet of nori, crumbled
- 3 3-oz. pkg. instant ramen noodles or 2 (10-oz.) pkg. fresh ramen noodles
- 1 large head of bok choy, cleaned, trimmed and halved
- Pepper to taste
- Sriracha or Chili Garlic Sauce for heat (optional)
- In a large pot, sauté Casa Meatballs in 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil according to time on package. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine broth, water, and miso paste in a large bowl. Stir until creamy. Add mushrooms, mirin, and nori. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1½ Tbsp. toasted sesame oil in the pot and heat over medium. Add sliced scallions and ginger. Cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add broth mixture and bring to a low boil.
- Add ramen noodles and bok choy. Simmer for 3 minutes. Add pepper and additional toasted sesame oil to taste.
- Serve in bowls topped and meatballs, and Sriracha or Chili Garlic Sauce.